- Develop a sense of belonging to one's House.
- Create safe, healthy, and welcoming communities.
- Build meaningful relationships between residents and faculty.
- Create opportunities for intellectual exploration that lead to a deeper understanding of one's discipline, exposure to a broad range of knowledge, and a desire to be a lifelong learner.
- Encourage student engagement in the House System and provide opportunities for the development of student leadership skills.
- Provide opportunities for students to engage as citizens in the broader community.
- Help students navigate the opportunities available to them at Cornell.